Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nobody's mother

 It is often that I ask myself: why are women expected to be mothers all the time? To be comprehensive and supportive and giving and altruistic (because it is for self sacrificing that women, even little girls, are best rewarded in male dominated society - how clever of them, of course!) . 

I was never rewarded for any of these. I don't want to be nobody's mother. I want to be recognized for my art skills, for my wit and for my strength in the field of life. I want to be forgiven for my selfishness, to be taken care of, to be fed by others.

Last week I came across some of Gal Volinez's breast feeding work. The context of the works is totally different, but I thought to myself: maybe it's time to share these images, that I guess are sketches for a piece still to come.








2 comments:

  1. I find this work very nice and realistic... you have a nice feeling to unveil taboos : )
    Thanks Rinat, S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brakis, I am happy you like it :)

      Delete