Monday, December 24, 2012

Is Angie disturbing?

This image on mine was published last week by P8 Gallery's page, together with an interview with me around my work. It belongs to the series "Angie". Apparently, someone complained about it's contents and it was banned, together with the funny things I had to say about art and life in general. I don't know if it's a pity or not, but I find it really sad that a nude female body (MY body!) is seen as disturbing or violent where hatred and vain ideas are being spread all the time without ever being censored. Just turn on the TV for a moment or listen to a conversation on the bus and you'll know what I mean.

But well, here she is again, nude and blond and bathing in an empty broken tub.
  


2 comments:

  1. Indeed weird.... There is nothing wrong in human body. And nude always took a part of art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in a sain world, everyone would think that :)

    ReplyDelete