Thursday, November 22, 2012

Flamingo (and now, with Tal's Poem)

 My friend, the poet Tal Nitzan, just published a new book. The name of the book is "Look at the Same Cloud Twice", and on it's back there is a beautiful poem about a flamingo - about the flamingo as the guardian of the Poet's solitude. Somehow, it reminded me of these images I took some time ago, although my flamingo is made of plastic and lives in the bathtub, not in a lake :).


The poem, by Tal Nitzan:

אִם

אִם תִּנָּתֵן לִי חַיַּת בְּדִידוּת
יִהְיֶה זֶה פְלָמִינְגוֹ.
כִּתְמוֹ הַוָּרֹד יֵרָאֶה לְמֵרָחוֹק,
רַגְלָיו הַמְהַסְּסוֹת-לִכְאוֹרָה
יְטוֹפְפוּ עִגּוּל סְבִיבִי
וְצַוָּארוֹ הַדַּק יִמְצָא תָּמִיד
אֶת הַמִּרְוָח הַמִּזְעָרִי
בֵּינִי לְכָל אֶחָד
וְיִכָּרֵךְ בִּמְסִירוּת עַל צַוָּארִי.


מתוך "להביט באותו ענן פעמיים" (קשב לשירה, 2012)


If

If I were given a solitude animal
it would have been a flamingo.
Its pink stain would be seen from afar,
its seemingly hesitant legs
would trace a circle around me
and its thin neck would always find
the tiny gap
between me and anyone
and loyally clench my neck.

"Look at the same cloud twice" (2012)


 




2 comments:

  1. השיר ממש יפה (וגם התמונות, גם התמונות...)
    לגבי התרגום (הטוב) לאנגלית, אני חושב שאולי
    stain
    זה לא התרגום הנכון ל־'כתמו'. כתם, בלשום המקרא, זה צבע כתום-זהוב. בשיר השירים 11, למשל, נאמר על האהוב: רֹאשׁוֹ כֶּתֶם פָּז קְוּצּוֹתָיו תַּלְתַּלִּים שְׁחֹרוֹת כָּעוֹרֵב.

    זה תרגום שלך, או שזה תרגום של טל ניצן עצמה ויצאתי בוריטו?

    ReplyDelete
  2. זה תרגום של טל, אבל מה פתאום בוריטו - מותר וחובה לשאול שאלות, גם את המקור.

    ReplyDelete